Monday, August 26, 2019

Welcome to Fall 2019!


Welcome to the Fall 2019 semester! I hope you had a wonderful, productive summer. Finding time to write is one of the most important jobs for a writer. Professor Bucak has something to say about that here.

And speaking of Papatya (and her new book!), please come to her reading Thursday, September 12th, at 7:00pm in the Student Union.

And speaking of readings, please also come to the reading of our wonderful visiting fiction professor, Dantiel W. Moniz, Wednesday, October 16h, at 7:00pm in the Student Union. You can read one of her stories here.

And speaking of and, come out to the Swamp Ape Review's open mic nights the first Sunday of each month! It's at Mad Robot Brewing (2621 N Federal Hwy, Boca Raton, FL 33431) from 5 - 7pm.

What else? Hm. I want you to come meet with me so that we can revise or create your Plan of Study as needed. If you're graduating, let's go over deadlines and concerns. New folx, returning folx, come see me with your questions, your queries, your quests...

Okay, maybe not quests, though who even knows at this point. I could probably help you figure it out. My number one job skill is knowing who to call with questions. I am only sort of kidding about this.

My advice (other than to meet with me)? Attend readings, make friends, create a writers group, get involved with Swamp Ape Review, take your vitamins, get that rash checked out, I think I'm getting off track.

Listen - I'm also looking for blog posts about writing: the craft of your genre, choices you've made in revising, how you know a piece is finished, etc etc etc. Please let me know if you'd like to contribute. Thanks!



MR Sheffield is really Mary Sheffield-Gentry, a person who sometimes goes by MR, but not that often, and who is your creative writing advisor, which is why she's writing this in the first place. Her first book was published with Sundress Publications this past winter. She's got a stack in her office if you want to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment