Thursday, March 8, 2012

Meet Our MFA's

Abbe Greenberg

MFA Track: Nonfiction 

Where have you lived? 
Pennsylvania (Philly), New Jersey (Princeton), Virginia (Norfolk) and Florida (Broward & Palm Beach counties--currently in Boynton Beach)

What are some of your favorite places in Florida?  
Amelia Island, Ponte Vedra Beach
 

What does your writing space look like? 
I have a writing "studio upstairs," but inspiration usually gets me when I'm on my den sofa with my cat in my lap. Lately, I've been writing in bed as well...

Are you a pen/pencil, typewriter or computer writer?  
Mac all the way...I can't read my own handwriting!

When did you first realize you have a passion for writing?  
At 2 when I read my first book--legend has it I told my mother that Dr. Seuss was God.

What’s a book you’ve reread and why?  
Child of My Heart by Alice McDermott--it's the book I wish I wrote; the voice is so heartbreakingly on target...

What advice do you have a graduate student in his/her first semester? 
Be selective in what you workshop--you get only 2-3 shots at feedback so don't waste them on something you really don't care about or plan to pursue.

No comments:

Post a Comment